Here’s what we’re doing.
1. Sign up for an account.
2. If you have a brand in mind (video game blog, sports blog, etc),
3. Go ahead and pick any theme (that’s free).
—–Stuff to check out——
1. Ringr app. Record a podcast iphone to iphone.
2. Chase Jarvis…amazing example of how to create a blog that makes a lot for $$. (Chase is a professional photographer by day).
3. Ditto with filmmaker Brian Koppelman…who does an amazing (monetized) podcast on the side.
Ok, now let’s select a theme.
1. go to [yourusername].wordpress.com/wp-admin and you’ll see this.
2. Go to appearance/themes
Go ahead and pick a free one that looks good to you. Themes can be changed at any time, so no worries if you decide you hate it two days from now.
Go to Bizness Apps and sign up for an account.
Now, select a design…
(I would reccomend the multiple row design).
Select a color palette.
Or…let’s start from here. I’ll come around and help you.
Let’s add a location first. Again, this is an exercise…go with it.
16 Personalities (Start by taking this test).
How to delete your entire account (and start over…for Tutu).
To do this:
- Visit your WordPress Dashboard page.
- Click “My Blogs” on the left menu.
- Click on the name of the blog you want to delete.
- Click on “Tools” on the left menu.
- Choose “Delete Site” on the left menu under “Tools”
- From the next dropdown, select “Permanently delete the blog and all content”
How you’re being graded today:
1. A solid “About” page which gives me an idea of who your audience is, and builds your credibility.
2. Two pages with:
–embedded audio or video
The difference in a post and a page.
A page is static.
A post is something new.
Posts are temporary….they go away. Pages stay there.
So, a page would be “about me.” It’s going to stay a part of the site.
A post is “a recap of last night’s Blackhawks game.” It matters now, but won’t after the next Hawks game.
You need to complete two posts today with new, relevant info in your topic…AND include a pic or video, and subheadline in each post.
How to create subheadlines
Flip over to the “text” tab.
begin the sentence you want to make bigger (a subheadline) with this code: <h1>
And end it with this code: </h1>
You can use <h2> or <h3> to make smaller subheadlines.
It will look like this in the text view:
…and this, when it’s published.
Embeding other stuff…
There’s a LOT on the web to embed…you can embed anything that has an “embed” code…note this is DIFFERENT than a “share” code, with is a website link. And embed code will always start with this symbol: <
For example, if you want to embed a Soundcloud video….go to “share”
Then select the “embed” code.”
Copy that, and drop it into the TEXT mode (not VISUAL) and you have a playable song in your post.
Send me your posts for feedback: email@example.com
Go to “pages” and “add new.” Write an about you.
Adding Photos & Embedded Videos
1. Select a YouTube video you want to embed.
–Click on “Share” then “Embed”
Copy the code.
Now…switch to to the “text” tab and drop the code in. Switch back to “visual” and there should be a placeholder box.
2. To add a photo…
–Click on “add media” and then upload.
Hello, I am teaching a class.
I am teaching WordPress